Who Should End The Undertaker’s Streak?

Who should end The Undertaker’s 20-0 WrestleMania Streak?

The Undertaker is a perfect 20-0 at WrestleMania.  He has beaten a very long list of WWE Hall of Famers on his path to what is now simply known as “The Streak.”

The Undertaker has even won the WWE Championship on three different occasions at WrestleMania.  He defeated MSL regular Sycho Sid Vicious for the title at WrestleMania 13.  He defeated Batista for the Championship at WrestleMania 23 & even won it again the following year at WrestleMania 24 with a victory over Edge.

I honestly believe that we will never see The Undertaker’s undefeated streak at WrestleMania end.  The Streak will live forever.  But, I can’t help but to think… what if?

What if someone beat The Undertaker at WrestleMania?  Who would it be?  The better question to me is – who should it be?

Should CM Punk win on Sunday night on the grandest stage of them all, snapping “The Streak” & leaving The Undertaker 20-1?  I don’t think so.  But that’s one man’s opinion.  If not CM Punk, then who?

The list of legends that The Undertaker has put to rest at WrestleMania is staggering.  From likes of King Kong Bundy & “Superfly” Jimmy Snuka, to guys Big Show & A-Train – whom The Undertaker beat in a 2 on 1 Handicap Match at WrestleMania 19.  Triple H & Shawn Michaels even fell victim to The Deadman.

So, I pose the question to you, wrestling fans:  Who should end The Undertaker’s Streak at WrestleMania?

Dustin Starr is an active sports entertainer and regular contributor to MemphiSport and MSL. Follow him @DustinStarr.

1. I think it would be fitting to have Kane beat him. In a Casket Match.

• Dustin Starr says:

I have never even thought about that. Very interesting scenario but unfortunately it will never happen. I’d like to see that match again, if done correctly.

2. Eddie Adamson says:

Dolph Ziggler… CM Punk should beat Alberto Del Rio at a house show to throw a big swerve going into WM and then Taker beats him for the title then Ziggler cashes in Money in the Bank…

• Dustin Starr says:

Are you saying that Dolph should end the streak?

• Corey124 says:

Undertaker shouldn’t face the new guy at wrestlemania he faces the big veterans with enough experience. Wrestlemania 35 undertaker vs Kane is the only way to end it.

3. I think that triple H should get 1 last chance@the streak

• Dustin Starr says:

Triple H getting another shot might be a little overkill, but it would make people really think about it. Taker beating him THREE times? It could work.

4. Mike Darby says:

The Streak should never be beaten!! Should stay intact and kept as legendary status forever.

5. Mike Darby says:

Taker has already beat him 3 times!! Wrestlemania 17, 27 & 28

• Dustin Starr says:

Good point! I wasn’t thinking about the first one! How are you, Darby? Long time. Hope you are doing well.

6. The streak must end.There is just 1catch at the moment.th\There is no 1 in the rooster that is capable of ending the streak.

7. There was this lifeguard wrestler in Memphis. He should beat him

8. Mike Darby says:

I am great Dustin. I have a 7 month old little girl now, been keeping up with her more then anything. Hope all is well. I see you are doing well in the body budiling world. God bless you buddy..

9. The Streak should N-E-V-E-R end at this point! WWE owes it to ‘Taker, who should have won at least a dozen World or WWE titles by now. He’s spent his career sacrificing his body and putting guys over for the betterment of the company. Now, with that said, I can only stomach the idea of two guys ending The Streak: The Rock or John Cena. And even THAT would be sacrilege! The Rock is a part-timer like ‘Taker, and Cena is one of the MANY guys who owe a good part of their legend to the way ‘Taker helped them early in their careers.

10. Corey124 says:

Booker T vs Undertaker would be huge. Undertaker should not face “the new guy” he has never been that way except when he face Orton. Taker’s best matches were vs HBK and HHH, the old guys, Booker T vs undertaker at wrestlemania. However Bookee won’t be the guy to end the streak wrestlemania 30 taker vs booker, 31 taker vs mysterio. 32 taker vs sting, he says he wants to and his tna contract would expire. 33 taker vs cena. 34 tag match, the hardys vs brothers of destruction. 35 where it ends taker vs Kane the. Only man suitable to beat him

11. Brennan Martinez says:

I think The Undertaker’s VERY LAST MATCH should’ve been last year, at Wrestlemania 28, when he faced Triple H in a Hell In A Cell match, with Shawn Michaels as the special guest referee. After all, the match was called, “End Of An Era”. Think about this; when somebody uses that title for a match, wouldn’t you think that it means it’s that wrestler’s (or wrestlers, since I also like to believe that could’ve also been Triple H’s last match) last match? What kind of marketing is that? The way the match ended, with all three of them embracing after the match, THAT’S the way it should’ve ended for The Undertaker. Also, he would’ve ended on a perfect even number (20). WWE doesn’t make any proper marketing decisions anymore. I mean, what are they gonna do years from now? Call his Wrestlemania match, “Taker’s Last Stand”, yet make him wrestle some more? That makes a whole lot of sense….

12. i think he should face kane in his last match

13. Daniel Bryan or Roman Reigns. I am a huge Reigns fan after last night. Ziggler is amazing also but too undersized. I think Reigns will be a stud and the could drag out the break up of The Shield and then have Reigns target the streak for next year.